It’s National Preparedness Month! The mission of Defense In Depth is to help our customers prepare for the unexpected, so let's talk about emergency basics. After 2014 water crisis in Charleston, West Virginia does not need a reminder of how easily basic needs (like safe tap water) can disappear. Electricity is equally sensitive to infrastructure problems. The world of "prepping" is an extensive one, but if you're just interested in thinking about the bare-bones basics, here's where to start:
"There are many forms of self-defense that are taught but a new form of marshal arts has made its way to Morgantown...Krav Maga is a type of marshal arts that originated in Israel and has a focus on self-defense techniques."
Watch the story here!
Our memberships are the ultimate way to experience Defense in Depth, and come with a multitude of benefits, including:
- How is this range different from others in the area? Defense in Depth is the largest indoor shooting range in West Virginia. Our facility features the latest in shooting technology, firearms, simulators and ranges, and includes a store with more than $1 million in inventory. Defense in Depth allows you to shoot, train and shop all at one location, making it a unique experience for you and yours.
- When will DID be opening, and where is it located? Defense in Depth is set to open in November, and you can find us at 1389 Earl L. Core Road, Morgantown, WV 26505
- Is DID open to the public, or do I have to become a member? We will be open to the public, and encourage walk-ins! Walk-in lane rentals cost $19.95 per hour. However, signing up for a membership is the best way to get the most out of your DID experience, and includes offers only available to members.
- How big is the shooting range? The shooting range features 16, 25-yard shooting lanes with spacious, private stalls at 4’ and 5’.
- What types of guns and weapons will be available to rent, and will these also be available for sale? Guns and weapons are available to rent AND are for sale, varying from handguns to machine guns and long guns. Rental costs start at $15. You’ll also be able to choose from a variety of brands like Glock Perfection, Smith & Wesson, Remington and Winchester.
- Can I bring my own firearms? You are welcome to bring your own gun to the range, as well as ammunition for your personal gun.
- Can I rent the facility for an event? Defense in Depth has space available to rent for events and special occasions such as club meetings, birthday parties and bachelor/bachelorette parties.
- What if I want to bring my child? You can bring your child to the shooting range. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or legal guardian.
- What is the Defense in Depth Academy? The DID Academy is comprised of our training classes, which will include group, private and off-site sessions open to qualifying customers and members. Further information about the Academy, including costs, will be available upon our grand opening in November.
- How do I join the DID community? It’s easy. Check out our memberships page and find the best package for you. Complete your purchase by filling out the registrant information, then we’ll mail you a membership packet that will include your DID Member Card as well as next step instructions on how to complete your membership once our facility opens.